The EVELO 4-Year Warranty
Industry Leading 4-YEAR / 20,000 Mile Warranty
Our job is to make sure you enjoy your EVELO for many years to come. That’s why they are backed by a 4-year/20,000-mile warranty – double the industry average.
If a problem comes up, you are just one call away from our U.S.-based customer service. Combined with our network of partner bike shops around the country for on-the-ground support.
The EVELO 4-year/20,000-mile warranty covers against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on its frame, battery, motor, controller, and display panel.
This warranty applies only to the original registered owner of the EVELO bicycle and is not transferable. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, malfunctions, or failures due to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, accidents, or other improper use.
It is important that you register your new bicycle within 30 days after purchase in order to activate the warranty and provide a record of the serial number of your bike.
TO ACTIVATE YOUR NEW EVELO ELECTRIC BICYCLE WARRANTY, PLEASE REGISTER YOUR BIKE HERE.
If you purchased your EVELO on or before December 31, 2016, please click here to review your warranty details.
TERMS OF THE WARRANTY
For your reference, we’ve outlined the terms of the comprehensive warranty below:
- Frame, Display, Controller, Motor Assembly, Rear Hubs (NuVinci, Nexus, others) – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of forty-eight (48) months or 20,000 miles (whichever comes first) from purchase. After any warranty period has elapsed, you may purchase spare and replacement parts by contacting us.
- Original Batteries – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 48 months from the date of purchase as follows: full replacement during the first 24 months, while replacements needed during months 25-48 are prorated as per this schedule.
- Replacement Batteries (if provided) – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 1 year from delivery.
Please note that while every effort is made to provide our customers with a superb shopping experience, issues sometimes can arise during shipping. If any parts happen to be damaged during shipping, EVELO will send a replacement part at our expense and will work with you or the bike shop of your choice to fix the issue.
For warranty issues, EVELO will cover the cost of labor involved handling the warranty service within the 30-day period after purchase. To receive this service, the customer should contact EVELO directly, and we will make the necessary arrangements. If a part or component is faulty, email contact is preferred, along with a video or photo of the faulty part.
After the 30-day free repair labor period, the owner will be responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements.
For any parts under warranty that will need to be replaced within the 48-month time frame, EVELO will cover the cost of regular ground freight to the customer.
- Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective components and parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of EVELO. Unless within the free 30-day repair labor period, the customer is responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements.
- In no event shall EVELO be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover normal wear and tear. All warranties are void if the electric vehicle is used for other than normal activities, or outside of recommended parameters including but not limited to exceeding the maximum recommended rider weight of 250-300 lbs. (depending on the model), failing to follow the owner’s manual or using the electric vehicle for commercial activities or in competitive events, and training for such activities or events.
EVELO makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.